Well, to be honest, we did get some of Christmas recorded on video, but very few photographs were taken. I think things went very quickly and Patrick & I pretty much had our hands full with someone at all times, so we didn't really have a hand for the camera. So, unfortunately, not too many good pics to post from the big day. We did the "elfyourself" (click the link here or below) thing, though, so you can watch that little video with the kids on it: http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1456985371
ENJOY!
For Christmas this year we were with Patrick's family here in the Kansas City area. On Sat., we went to his parents for a visit with his Uncle Chuck & Aunt Marla who were in from Texas. We had a great visit and spent most of the day there. On Christmas Eve, we were with his family at his parents. We went to to overcrowded 4pm mass at our church and then headed over. I might add that the whole mass thing worked out well. You know how you have to be there like an hour early on these days? Well, we knew we wouldn't last that long, so we planned on being there about 25 minutes early. However, as usually happens, it's hard to actually get out of the house on time. So, we actually got to church about 3:55pm. OBVIOUSLY, we knew we would not have a seat. We were in the back in the lobby. The kids did great, though. Leyton & Nathaniel sat quietly on the floor & Patrick held Jacob, I held Leah. I was pleased with the results. We actually stood next to Scott & Bridget Davis, who we knew from college & previous jobs. I talked to Bridget & she told me they got there at 3:20pm. Ha, my response immediately was how glad I was we didn't get there sooner as we would have been in the same spot! Lucky us. I guess they probably didn't feel the same. I think their 2 girls were doing well, but ready to go.
The Christmas Eve party was a lot of fun and all of Patrick's family was there. We also had a few other extended family members there, so it was probably on the order of 35 people or so. We opened gifts after snacks and finally got home around 11:00pm or so.
The kids opened their presents on Christmas morning. I think this is our last year to kind of sleep in before the crack of dawn mornings begin. They didn't really know to go look under the tree. We enjoyed it while it lasted. They noticed the gifts around 8:30am & probably by 8:32am, it seemed we were finished. (Maybe that's a big exaggerated, but not much)
I think some of the favorite gifts were: golf clubs, Thomas trains, dump trucks, legos. Another thing they got were little band kits with about 7-10 instruments - they are enjoying making their own Jim Cosgrove bands. Leah was laid back & we went light on her. She did get lots of clothes this year, though. I laughed in anticipation of how things will change under the tree in a couple more years! We spent the whole day at home and enjoyed it very much. The kids were in bed early & got good rest to get back to normal the next day when Patrick was back to work.
On 12/26, my parents arrived in KS for a few days with us & my sister Beth. We always love their visits. They of course brought some more gifts for the kids to open from them & my brother Ben & sister-in-law Rachel: art easel w/ art supplies, lego table that Grandpa made, more trucks, trains, toy vacuum, etc.
We really had a nice Christmas. Such busy times, though. I feel it's just been so busy. Next items on the agenda: 1/3 is Patrick & I's 10 year anniversary! time flies. Then 1/7 is Leyton & Nathaniel's 4th birthday. Need to keep planning & keep shopping a few more weeks!
I must say we had a great Christmas.
1 comment:
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment