Last Wednesday, our little guy turned 2. It's like a big time of reflection, I think. Not that you don't watch you child each and every day and realize what they do, how they talk, etc., and even though you know the birthday is coming, it's just different after it actually gets here. So he's 2. He's a sweetheart with a strong personality and a vocabulary that's growing each day. He seems like a little boy now, not a baby or much of a toddler. I'm amazed lately at how he picks up on more and more songs & repeats a lot of what others say. He's been singing Jingle Bells, and Put Down the Binkie (Jim Cosgrove) and he actually sings a good number of words in a little spurt. I really love that he does it and then once he realizes you're watching, he becomes more shy about it and just grins. He's so cute. He's also really developing his thought processes and knows that certain events have certain outcomes, etc., or can relate things without having them literally in front of him. I'm having trouble with an example of that right now, but I know that when he does it, I just think, wow, he's really thinking. Another big thing is that he's lately been asking to sit on the potty. No progress yet, but he'll ask to sit there, which is a good start. I guess one other thing about him is he's been kind of a clean clean guy! He has been taking at least one shower in the morning (just because he wants to) & then loves his bath at night. So cute. He likes bringing Leah her "fire" (pacifier), gives the big boys their blankies, & will tell everyone goodnight. We love him so much and have enjoyed the celebration of his birthday.
He loved the gifts he got. One of the current faves is the trash truck which has a wonderful beeping sound, you know like when a truck is in reverse?! Well, the catch is that he can push the lever down and it starts beeping...it doesn't stop! Yep, no automatic shutoff on that one. He'll leave the room for a while to do something else & you can try to be sneaky & shut it off. Sometimes, though, you get caught & he turns it back on just for the sake of having it on. Oh well, he's just having so much fun. He also got tools, books, some aquadoodle coloring mats, Thomas the train pieces, legos, & some other trucks. Lots of fun. We had Elmo cake & celebrated at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment