Thursday, December 27, 2007

Frosty the Snowman

The other day I was showing the boys some things on the computer. I found on YouTube a little 2-3 minute video about Frosty the Snowman. I was actually looking for the good old traditional Rudolph show with Burl Ives, but didn't find it. Anyway, they really enjoyed watching it. So much so that now every time I get on the computer, Jacob wants to watch something...that's been tricky. Anyway, we've never talked about Frosty, but it seems they really paid attention. A few days later, Nathaniel told me that he wanted a Frosty the Snowman for our house. He said, "I want a Frosty the Snowman for us. I want a snowman that walks around and runs." Wow, he was watching. I actually spent a good amount of time trying to explain to him that it was not possible for us to have a snowman that walked around. I told him that it was just pretend and that he didn't really walk around; that it was just a story. The response, "Well, he did it on the computer?! I want one that walks around." Well, long story short, we went a few more rounds of explanation-protest-explanation-protest and then the conversation died. I don't think he is content with the outcome, but wouldn't it be neat if you could really have a snowman that walked around with you?! If anyone finds one, let me know!

No comments: