Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back to Work

Well, tomorrow (Friday) is the big day. I'll be back to work. At this point I'm looking at about one day a week. I'm not thrilled, yet I'm reminding myself...it's one day, one 8 hour day, 9 with driving. Hopefully it will go smoothly & quickly. I'm the Nutrition pharmacist tomorrow. It'll be interesting though as I've not done this shift since August and since then we've also changed the entire computer system used for all pharmacy & lab related data. Hope I can find my way around! We'll also have rounds, so I'm not sure I'll have a lot of input, but I guess you have to start somewhere, right? Usually, this shift monitors anywhere from 1 to 4 patients on TPN (total parenteral nutrition) & we evaluate & write orders for the TPN. It's interesting & will be a good way to get back into the groove I suppose. Wish me luck!

No comments: