Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Jacob's Quotable Quotes

Jacob's vocabulary continues to expand. Interestingly, the past week has involved a couple things that he hadn't been doing/saying before.
  • Counting more & more; not that he knows what the numbers mean, but he'll count at least to 8, sometimes 10
  • "GUP" = "Get up". He says this one with much gusto. It's especially nice when he wakes up at 5am and wants a drink..."GUP Dad! milk, please." It's usually said when he's really wanting you to move. Sometimes it better received than others.
  • "I four." Leyton & Nathaniel's birthday was yesterday, they turned 4. Well, Jacob just wants to be big. Yesterday I was feeling kind of bad for him. I think he felt left out. Granted, he had a birthday last month & Leah is here, yet it seemed he felt he was the only one without presents, without cake, etc. Nathaniel actually gave him the sundae he got at Red Robin - Jacob was in heaven. Anyway, a good part of the day, he kept saying, "I four." It was cute. I'm sure this will be easier on him when Leah is bigger and/or when he understands things a bit better. In the mean time, he'll continue to dream big I suppose.

No comments: