Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Princes into Kings

Occasionally we all joke around and say that Dad is the King of the household, Mom the Queen, the boys are princes & Leah is a princess. Yesterday during the discussion, the big boys asked if they could someday be kings and be the head of the household. I said sure and that at that time, they would probably have their own houses to run and wouldn't be living with us anymore. Nathaniel said he wanted to be king of our current home and Leyton, with a bit of fear in his face said that he wants to always live with us. "Can I Mommy, can I live with you when I'm big and want to be king?" I said sure. Obviously we expect they'll move out someday, but maybe when I'm a mom not feeling ready to let go, I can remind them of this day when they were sure they'd never want to go?!

No comments: