So I've been told that as a parent, you need to be prepared to tell your children the same things over and over to the extent that it seems like a thousand times only to find out that your children need to hear it a thousand and one times, right? Well, Nathaniel, my sweetheart is a constant negotiator..."Mom, can I have a cookie?" "Sure, you may have one cookie." "Can I have two?" That's a simple example of his daily routine, regardless of what we're talking about - books, minutes to wait, etc. Well, some days this can really wear you down. Sometimes you just want an easy, "OK, Mom, sounds great!" Yesterday, he was in his negotiating mood most of the day. Shortly before dinner, I ended up saying, "Nathaniel, when do you think you can be happy with what Mom says versus always wanting something different? Can we just go with what Mom says? When can we do that?"
His response, with a serious face & tone, "Tomorrow."
Is that a bit like Wimpy from Popeye...I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today?
Anyway, he's a wonderful boy who may end up in sales someday for all I know?! I love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment