Friday, September 26, 2008

Thoughtful Lunches

The day shave been flying by around here. Just usual stuff, really, school, work, chores, etc. Grandma Donna was here a few days over the weekend...always a nice visit. But, in reviewing the last few days, I knew there were things I wanted to write about, but have just not had the spare time.

However, yesterday, Nathaniel had a pretty good idea. He told me that he thought Patrick should go to work where I work. Any guesses on the reason? It was pretty thoughtful actually. He said it was because then Patrick & I would have the same days off. I thought that was a pretty good thought concept! I think he misses Dad as September has been pretty busy for him at work.

On a lighter note, I made grilled cheese for lunch yesterday. Leyton usually wants his cut in squares, Nathaniel usually wants his cut in triangles. Even though that is the norm, I still always ask, because if I don't, it never fails that they'll tell me it wasn't the way they wanted it. So yesterday I asked Leyton how he wanted his cut. He stood there for a few minutes, looked at me, tapped his finger to his face (deep in thought), "Hmm...I think...I'll have...Hmmm. Mom, I'll have mine in squares." It sure seemed like his biggest decision of the day. Wouldn't it be nice to have all our decisions really be about such simple things? Sounds good to me!

No comments: