That's what little boys are made of, isn't that how it goes?
I was thinking of that poem the other day when Jacob, Leah, & I went for a walk to get my haircut when it was so nice last week. Leyton & Nathaniel were at school, so the three of us hit the streets. Jacob started out walking and before we made it one house down the street, he found a stick. "Mom, look, I found a stick!" (By the way, the stick was inducted into the best toys ever Hall of Fame recently). A few steps later, he stumbled across sight of a worm. Jacob has no fear of anything gross (even Leyton & Nathaniel see gross things & tell Jacob to pick them up - he always will).
Anyway, Jacob stands there prodding the worm with his stick. "Jacob, what's up?"
"Mom, I'm tickling the worm!" Now there was a good answer.
We made it to the end of the block and then we came across some dirt on the sidewalk, a small pile, basically. He then had to stop for a while to stir it up and enjoy the moment. I stopped and did the same. I was almost wondering if I needed to rethink my plan to get to my haircut & back before the boys got home from school about an hour & a half later. It was fun. And, we did make it to the haircut & back with plenty of time. I do enjoy time with all the kids - all together and some on their own as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment