Monday, March 2, 2009

"I Don't Like my Little Bed!"

We've been hearing this from Jacob a lot lately. I know that when we bought this bed, he couldn't have been happier. But, as time as gone by, and he sees the fun looking bunk beds in his brothers' room, well, you know, our preferences change. I told him that his bed is the same size as theirs, but it's just not the same, you know? He usually wakes up pretty much every night and if you talk to him about it during the day or before bedtime, this is the response we get, "But I don't like my little bed." He's so cute. I think he really wants bunk beds. Well, he may end up with some anyway. With this little one on the way, we were going to need another bed for the kids anyway since Leah doesn't have one, so we may just get the bunk beds and then let Leah have Jacob's bed. Now I do wonder, though, if it could really be that easy. Would he then sleep through the night and not come wandering down the hall each night? Who knows. I also thought about the fact that maybe it's another hint. I've thought we're having another boy and then bunk beds for Jacob would work out well in the long run, anyway, as eventually if it is a boy, then he'd get to move in with Jacob when he's a bit older (by the way, little baby, if you're a girl, then I'm sorry I've said any of this! Ha, ha.).

No comments: