Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me! (A little late recap)

Mother's Day this year was very nice. We went to mass with all my handsome, beautiful family dressed in their Sunday best: suits, dresses & more. I was spoiled for the day with lunch & dinner prepared for me. For dinner we had grilled steaks, grilled vegetables, and gazpacho soup - nice and fresh and seasonal. Desserts for the day included Beth's favorite - angel food cake/strawberry chiffon and my childhood popular dessert of ice cream pie. Yum, yum! On Saturday of that weekend, Patrick took the boys to Lowe's and they made me very nice planters. They are really able to do some work on their own these days. Leyton & Nathaniel also made me a present at school this year. They were teacups with their own artwork decorating them along with a teabag and some honey. They said, "A cup of tea for Mommy & me." I was honored to receive them and they were so proud. I guess I'm into that phase now, where I can truly see why when your kids make something for you, it's one of the best gifts. Seeing their pride in giving it to you and how hard they've worked, it just makes it so special. I'm so blessed to have my family. I told the kids that if it weren't for God sending them to us, I wouldn't even be a mom. Am I worthy of these precious gifts?

FYI-Jacob wasn't in the mood for his own picture...hard to get everyone together!




No comments: