Looking might grown up in this one!
Jacob and his first day at 4-year-old preschool...wow. He's a load of fun. He wasn't sure he wanted to switch schools this year, but we thought it would be good for him to settle in to where he'll be for the next several years. Now he gets to see his big brothers on occasion and is meeting some children he may know for a long time. One of the things that really got him excited, though, was seeing the toys that are in the new classroom. So far, the pirate ship and an army plane are at the top of the list. He's once again making friends easily and having a lot of fun. He says he would like to go every day! Now that's got to mean something because typically, Jacob is my guy who pretty much doesn't want to leave the house for much of anything. He really likes being at home and just playing. He's had stages where we call him "passionate," (i.e. very vocal when he's upset to say the least). But, he's mellowed a lot in my opinion and he is probably the most content of the children as far as occupying himself and having fun with individual play. He makes friends easily and is very kind and thoughtful to others. It's really neat to see him off playing with Playmobil or Legos and hearing the conversations and creative imagination he has in his pretend world. I love it. I really think he reminds me of his Uncle Ben as child in that he's very happy at home with Mom, he likes how Mom cooks things for him, and he wants things done a certain way. Some favorite foods: chocolate chip cookies, bacon, sausage, apples, broccoli, "butter sandwiches" (aka plain old buttered bread, folded in half, NO CRUST). His love for his family is very obvious and he DEFINITELY has a special place in his heart for his Sweet Pea, Anne. One on one conversation with Jacob is hard to beat. I love hearing his thoughts, and he has plenty of them. I know I've said it before, but I do think he's in a tough spot in our family - two big brothers that pretty much get to do all the same things, and then two little sisters who obviously have a different dynamic with being girls; and he's right in the middle. I think he handles it pretty well!
1 comment:
Cute story and pictures!
Love,
Aunt Bethy
Post a Comment