When I'm at work, if time permits, I call home to tell the kids good night and to say hi to Patrick. Usually, when Patrick answers, he will say, "Hi, Dreamboat." Well, Leah has been hearing this. On two different occasions (the latter was last night), this is the interpretation:
1) Patrick, "Hi, Dreamboat."
Leah: "I want to talk to Dreamboat, I want to talk." (at this point, she didn't know who
Dreamboat was)
Patrick gives her the phone and she says, "Hello?" I tell her hello and she says, "It's
Mama! Daddy, it's Mama on the phone! Hi, Mama!" ...and the conversation goes on.
2) Patrick, "Hi, Dreamboat." We talk for a few minutes and then it's Leah's turn. She gets on
the phone and says, "Hi Mama. What are you doing? Mom, Dad did call you Rainbow!"
I said, "What did he call me?"
She repeated, "Rainbow!"
Just worth a chuckle or two to me. The actual true nature of each and every phone call with each of the kids is:
1) "Hello."
2) "Mom, what are you working on?", "What kind of medicine?", "Oh."
3) "Mom, will you lay by me _____ (-insert 1st, 2nd, 3rd, last for each conversation) when you get home?"
4) "I love you, bye, I love you, bye, I love you, bye, I love you, bye."
5) "See you in the morning."
Repeat, repeat, etc.
1 comment:
That's a cute one, Rainbow...oh, I mean, Dreamboat!
Love,
Aunt Bethy
Post a Comment