Saturday, November 10, 2007

1st Parent Teacher Conferences

Well this week was a busy one (I guess now I see I haven't posted anything). I felt it was pretty busy. Tuesday we had our first conference at school which went well. The boys are both doing very well. It was nice to get a progress report. It was funny because it sounds like there had been a little bit of mixing up on colors; it was mentioned, for example, that at some point Leyton mixed up blue with purple. However, it was funny that before we knew this, Leyton had a discussion with Patrick about his crayons. He one evening told Patrick, when he picked up the blue, "this one is blue, but I think the paper looks purple." After the fact, this all made more sense why there was the detailed description on the blue crayon. Seems they know the colors actually, so that is good and is what we expected. I guess at school one day, Leyton had this issue come up and there must have been some discussion. Seems their teacher is enjoying them, though and it sounds like they're actually playing well with others and not always playing just with their brother. That was one thing I wondered about going in. I'm happy with their progress and they are still enjoying school.

No comments: