Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Bit More on Energies

I was going to avoid going into the whole thing with costumes, but things changed on Halloween. Originally, the Bob the Builder costume was bought for Nathaniel (about a month ago) & Leyton was going to be Thomas. It wasn't until about a day before that they happened to switch ideas. OK, no problem. Although I was concerned they'd both want to be the Bob when it came time. Well, on Wed. afternoon they did end up napping & got some more energies. Nathaniel told me he had a lot in his basket now and that he would share them. Whew, because I felt like I could use some. However, when he woke up, he told me he also wanted to be Bob. There you have it; so we started (while Leyton was still sleeping) trying to assemble a second Bob costume with toys we had. We were making good progress. Then Leyton woke up. I said, "Leyton, what do you want to dress as?" He said Thomas! YEAH. So they switched through their nap. Is this like a belated case of Twin-to-twin transfusion (ha, ha)? Anyway, we did a switcharoo on costumes with them; Jacob was a great M&M & Leah was definitely cute. I'll put up some pictures this weekend. We all had a nice Halloween. We ran out of candy a bit sooner than expected & rounded up a few more treats around the house & still were out around 8pm. The 3 boys had fun visiting neighbors on our street; they didn't do the whole street, but seemed very content with their treats. Jacob walked quite a bit so I am sure that contributed to not going farther. They asked when it would be Halloween again and what they could dress as. Hopefully the time isn't here too quickly! They grow fast enough already!

No comments: