Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Next Sign of Getting Big Boys

Today marked a new day for Leyton & Nathaniel...we bunked their beds. They seem very excited. Leyton has the top bunk, Nathaniel has the lower. It is great having the extra space in their room, too! I think they'll really enjoy it.

It's funny to think about these bunk beds...they were the ones we used when I was a kid. You know, as we assembled them, I was really shocked how much shorter they seem than when I was 2-3 feet shorter. They're actually a good height. The other thing I have thought about is the "safety rail" we used as children. We never once had any trouble with it, but I had to chuckle thinking back to what it was: a long board (approx. 1x2", the length of the bed). The funny part is that there was a nail on each end that just stuck out and that was what leveraged the rail from sliding up or down the length of the bed & falling off. Amazing that it was so simple, worked so well, we were never injured, yet I can't imagine doing the same thing now. Improvising works well, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really don't remember the nails you are talking about...I was thinking it was more of a small metal bracket...