As I mentioned, Leyton & Nathaniel are 3 1/2. They started preschool this fall. They have just finished their 3rd week and enjoy it very much. The first day was rough for the boys and for Mom, but since then, it has been great. It's cute because our neighbor 2 doors down is in the same class. We have realized we may as well carpool daily because none of the 3 boys will enter school without the other! They look around and wait until the whole group is together. They seem to have a lot of fun. Today, they both even helped the teacher...Leyton was the calendar helper (he didn't really tell me what that meant, but that's ok) and Nathaniel was the snack helper. I appreciate their willingness to help; luckily they will also help at home! A cute thing that Nathaniel said today when I was helping him get dressed was, "Mom, I prefer to have my snap done first before my zipper." I had never heard him say "prefer" before. I got a chuckle from that and happily obliged. They sure do have some quotes! That reminds me of a few days ago when I was preparing my lunch for work (I work part-time currently) and Nathaniel said, "Mom, do you eat your lunch at work?" I said that I did. A few moments later, he said, "Mom, do you have a broom at work?" I said that I did not, but I asked, "Do I need a broom at work?" He quickly replied, "Yes, so you can clean up your lunch!" That was a recent favorite. I guess that is a good indication of what our kitchen floor is like on a daily basis! All well worth it, and I don't see it changing any time soon. This photo is of Leyton & Nathaniel on their first day of school 9/4/07. Leyton in the orange, Nathaniel in green (their love of Hawaiian shirts are a whole different discussion!).
No comments:
Post a Comment