Thursday, September 20, 2007


So, I can't leave out my Jacob (often called "Jakey"). He is a sweetheart who definitely doesn't want to be pushed around by his brothers! He knows what he wants and will tell you quickly. Some most common phrases are, "I do it!", "What you doin'?", "Candy." He is not afraid of pushing people (aka his brothers) who are in his way, which I guess is a good thing since for now, he's somewhat of an odd-man out. This may change soon, though, as we are expecting our fourth baby at any time. I'm currently in my last month of pregnancy, which is new territory for me - this is my first time past 35 weeks! We don't know the gender of this baby, but it won't be long. We look forward to meeting our new little one. And back to Jacob. This picture is from this summer when he was trying to be funny wearing glasses (old sunglasses - no lenses). He was very pleased with himself. He is a summer blonde with great blue eyes. He really is a content little guy although this week he's been a bit under the weather with a fever, cough, irritated throat, etc. I think he'll come out of it soon. One of his most recent feats was his creativity in his new room. We moved him to a different bedroom in preparation for the new baby. We painted his room & I hung "wallies" or small wallpaper shapes that were trains, planes, tractors, and trucks. There were 25 shapes in all. Patrick wanted them to be reachable for him to look at. I hung the airplanes higher and then the other 20 shapes were basically spread like a chair-rail. Well, naptime has become more challenging as he's no longer in a crib, either. So on two occasions during his hopeful "naptime", he managed to remove 19 of the 20 shapes wallpapered/glued to the wall (the 20th one was behind the chest of drawers so he didnt' see it). So, there went that effort of having a cute new room for him! Oh well, he is still very pleased and has done wonderful with the room adjustment. It is very hard to believe he's going to be a big brother soon!

No comments: