Saturday, September 22, 2007
Who has all the answers?
We ran a few errands today and the discussion in the car, as it often does, revolves around questions & lots of "Why's". I guess after a while I run out of answers for the questions. I told Leyton & Nathaniel that they have a lot of good questions. Leyton said, "Mom, I ask a lot of good questions. I say a lot of words, too." I would agree with both. Toward the end of the conversation, when I had no more answers about why the workers were working on the road today or why we couldn't get our own "Scoop" (like in Bob the Builder) and other questions, I told Nathaniel that Mom & Dad didn't always know all the answers for all the questions. He of course asked, "Why?" I said, "Well, only God & Jesus know ALL the answers for all the questions. Mom & Dad answer as many as we can, but we don't always know every answer." His reply was, "Mom, so all the Jesus's & all the God's know the answers?" I said that yes, but there was only one God & one Jesus, but that was correct only they knew all the answers. He said, "Well, and Father Tom." (Father Tom is one of our parish priests). Patrick & I enjoyed that. We'll have to tell Father Tom tomorrow of his high esteem in our household.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember Alex used to call Fr. Tom, the "Jesus down low" at Mass as opposed to the "Jesus up high" on the crucifix. :)
Post a Comment