A rainy St. Patrick's Day. I contemplated taking the kids to the Kansas City parade, but opted not to due to the rain. So, this morning we played at a neighbor's house for about an hour, then spent the rest of the day at home. Here's some of what the day involved:
This morning: the 3 boys were being "workers." They walked (more like strutted) around the house with their tool boxes (Dad's socket set type tool boxes) telling me, "Mom, we're the workers. The workers are here to work on your stuff." I welcomed them to the house. They worked on the bathroom (flushed the toilet a few times) then moved on to the kitchen & family room seeming to be on a mission. Then they took their tape measures & Leyton & Nathaniel lined up with Leah. "Mom, we're measuring Leah. She's ok, she doesn't have to stay at the doctor." (Boy am I lucky!).
After lunch, we had some quiet time & I worked on a bunch of laundry.
After quiet time, they decided they needed my laundry baskets. Leyton on one couch, Nathaniel on the other with them turned the tall direction facing one another just watching each other. "Mom, these are our cars. We need to keep our cars."
Ok, I figure, it's probably better for me if I just put the clothes away anyway & make the few extra trips on the stairs.
After that, the baskets were back on the floor; Leyton in one, Nathaniel in the other. I think Jacob was awake by this point & was just enjoying the entertainment (as was I). Now they decided to scrunch down & put pillows on top of them. They began hatching. That's right, "crack, crack." "Chirp, chirp, Mom, I hatched...now I'm a chick. I'm flying away - Mom, I bet you didn't know that baby birds could fly so quickly?!" This was Leyton. Nathaniel hatched also & said, "Mom, now I'm a kitten!" I told him they didn't hatch, but he thought they did & I decided to avoid the long discussion.
Finally, we got to concert time - usually 4:30 or so in the afternoon. A good change of pace. Three boys singing away. Leyton had his own song today: "Oh Lord, Oh Lord, oh won't you play volleyball with me...and Bethy...and Robert. Oh Lord, Oh Lord, oh won't you play volleyball with me." There's a keeper!
The last conversation tonight with them in bed:
Nathaniel: Mom, I want to sell our house.
Mom: What? Where will we live?
Nathaniel: I want to move by Ralph's World (another singer they like - he's on the east coast somewhere)
Mom: Well, then we won't live by Jim Cosgrove. Is that ok?
Nathaniel: Well, maybe we could come see him?
Mom: It would be a very long trip.
Nathaniel: I don't want to sell this house because it has all my stuff in it. Good night.
Putting this all together just adds up to a great day. Lots of love, lots of hugs, & lots of "I love you's" too.
No comments:
Post a Comment