Saturday, March 1, 2008

Leah's 4-month Check-up

Well Leah visited Dr. Herrick on 2/26, so she was actually more like 4 1/2 months. She's doing well. He commented that she had a great attention span. I'm not sure how you get that at her age, but I'm proud of her (ha, ha). She's as cute as ever. Really making a lot of noise these days & screeching, etc. She really wants to sit up but isn't quite there yet. When you put her in the bouncer, though, she lifts her legs to try & pull herself into a sitting position. She also really covers some territory wiggling around on the floor. The exersaucer is in the family room & she likes that. She'll sit in it & watch her surroundings & occasionally gnaw on a piece or two. That reminds me, no teeth yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before the cute gummy grin is interrupted by the first tooth. I'm in no hurry - she's already growing fast enough. Hard to believe she's on her way to 5 months already. She weighed 14lb 6oz (60th percentile) & was 25 1/4 inches long (75th percentile). Sounds good to me! I guess I should post a recent picture to show how she's changing. It seems most people think there's resemblance between she & Jacob & Leyton. We'll see as times goes on. The next development I'd be ok with, though, is sleeping through the night. She has some good nights & then some nights like the last few where she's up 4 times. Oh well, all in all, that time is short. Sleep is overrated I suppose. Speaking of which, I think I should get to sleep.

No comments: