Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter. I left Friday morning with the kids & we headed to Grandma Donna & Grandpa Jerry's. We got in during early afternoon & after dinner still had time to go to the park for a bit.

On Saturday, my friend Jen Welsch & her daughter, Lauren, drove out from St. Louis to visit us. Thanks, Jen! Nathaniel told me later that he wants "my friend & her little girl to visit us again. She's nice & I like her toy phone." Later on, we went to Ben & Rachel's for a brief visit then to Grandma Rita's for a few minutes as well. She's really wearing down. At this point I mostly pray for her to feel at peace with her life and what is to come. I want her to enjoy her days and it doesn't seem like that's happening right now. It was nice to see her, though. It was cute that she held Leah multiple times during our visit - more than she's had the chance to before.

Once again, my mom made a great meal for Easter, which we enjoyed on Saturday evening, before catching some good basketball games. Ben & Rachel visited for quite a while that night. Patrick came in on the Amtrak on Sat. evening as he had a breakfast meeting that morning he had to attend. We were all glad for Dad to get to our Easter trip!

I can't wait to post a picture or two of my cutie pies on Easter. I really thought everyone looked nice all dressed up. Sunday we went to mass at 8:30 (arrived around 8:10 & had a good seat thanks to 7am mass letting out after 8am). The kids were pretty good for it being out of routine, a longer mass, and more crowded. They were thrilled to find that after mass, the Easter bunny had visited Grandma & Grandpa's and left plenty of eggs & treats. Then we had a nice brunch & wrapped things up.

One drawback, I guess is that I woke up Sunday morning with a bit of a flu-type bug. Leah woke around 5am & I had to pass her off for a moment as I debated if the lovely throwing up event was coming - it was. But, I forced myself to rest a lot that day & that night so that Monday I was actually ok.

No comments: