So I understand that it is normal for boys to want to play rough games like army, etc. In this Easter season, I guess I should think it's a good thing that the boys have had some of the Lenten journey and Christ's events sink in. Today they were playing and some of what I overheard was:
"No, you are condemned to death. You have to die on the cross even though you have done nothing wrong."
"No, you are condemned to death."
"OK, now carry your cross, Jesus. I know it's heavy."
They had some easel type poles out, too, which were their crosses.
Luckily, I think they did make it to the end to pretend to rise from the dead.
To top it off, tonight at bath time, Nathaniel said he wanted to skip bath. He told me he wanted his clothes off that he wore today & he was going to be Jesus (in his underwear) because Jesus' clothes were taken from him, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment